Lead and Innovate for High Performance
A Program for Executive Development
Earn a Certificate in Leadership and Innovation
Successful managers and business owners do more than manage functions; they lead people, design and define strategies, and achieve results. Lead and Innovate for High Performance is a practical and action-oriented program to develop leadership skills. It incorporates hands-on exercises; real-world case studies; and a dynamic, web-based business simulation. Lead and Innovate for High Performance showcases the expertise, talents, and experience of the participants by engaging you in discussions and networking opportunities with other organizational leaders and faculty.
Key Program Components
- Challenging web-based business simulation to equip managers and business owners to execute in a turbulent marketplace
- In-depth individual leadership assessment
- Cutting edge tools on creativity and innovation
- Interaction with current and future leaders
Lead and Innovate for High Performance returns you to your workplace with new insights about yourself, others, and business. You will explore creative and innovative methods and tools used by successful managers to anticipate, adapt, and achieve in the competitive economy.
You will add skills to your leadership toolbox that will help you:
- Examine your own management and leadership strategies. Starting on the very first day, through the management and leadership profile assessments, you will learn more about yourself, how you interact with others at work and develop a strategy for making your interpersonal relationships more effective.
- Explore how to foster and use creativity, the ultimate resource for yourself and your organization. Today's high performing organizations stand out from the rest by practicing creative approaches to boost performance and solve problems in the workplace.
- Understand the importance of creating a system for innovation to increase profitability. Companies utilizing "Innovation Engineering" see innovation speed increase (6x) and risk decrease (30% - 80%). Learn how to build a system for your business.
- Practice business decision-making. The Capstone Simulation® provides a unique opportunity to function as the "executive team" of a simulated organization. Participants are required to make decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic and constantly changing marketplace.
- Network with other participants and faculty. One of the richest aspects of the program is the chance to interact with other business professionals from a variety of organizations to learn about each other – and from each other.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for the experienced manager or business owner who needs to develop a broader-based understanding of different business functions and how they work together.
Participants will come from a variety of positions, such as:
- Functional Department Managers (accounting, HR, marketing, etc.)
- Engineering and other Technical Managers
- Production and Operations Managers
- Top administrators and leaders in Government and Nonprofits
Upon completion of Lead and Innovate for High Performance you will be awarded 35 continuing education units (CEUs) and a Certificate in Leadership and Innovation from the Boise State Center for Professional Development.
TBD (Four consecutive days)
How to Apply
Candidates may apply directly or be sponsored/nominated by their organization or business.
Reserve a Space (optional)
To ensure that space is available, organizations may formally reserve space(s) in the program prior to selecting their candidate(s). Please contact Bae Emilson at (208) 426-5438 to make a reservation and arrange a deposit ($200 per person).
Program Fees and Payment Process
Payment may be made by credit card or invoice to the organization.
Reviewed: Nov. 1, 2012